7 must do steps to have a successful benefit auction!
- Having a quality sound system is fundamental to the success of your night. If your donors cannot hear your invited speakers or the auctioneer then simply put you will not raise as much money. It is important to have a sound tech person during the event monitoring the sound levels and being ready to solve any issues. Usually, you will need at least two wireless hand held microphones. One for your auctioneer and one for your other invited speakers or master of ceremonies.
- The timeline of events for the evening must be clearly outlined and it is important to stay on schedule. We provide consulting on the best times to do the live auction, silent auction and fund a need appeal.
- You need to have the right items for the live auction that match your audience. We would like to be involved early in the planning process so that we can consult with you on the top live auction items that are a must have for your event. We can help brainstorm ideas centered on offering auction items that provide unique “experiences” to your guests.
- You must have an efficient check-in and check-out process for your guests. The worst thing you can do is to have long lines for when your guests during check-in and when they check-out. We can consult with you on how to make sure this process is very smooth, efficient and professional.
- Everyone needs to receive a bidder number when they check-in and everyone needs to pay for their purchases when they check-out. Your guests will use their unique number to purchase items during the silent auction, live auction and giving during the fund a need appeal. It is also a smart idea to remind guests after the fund a need appeal to please settle up before you leave. Otherwise, you might not receive all of the donations that were pledged if you wait to bill people.
- Hire a professional benefit fundraising auctioneer! We have 30 years of conducting benefit fundraising auctions. Our complete fundraising solution provides everything that you need to take your event to the next level. We want you to raise more money than you had expected so you can do more to help those that you serve. Our goal and mission is to truly entertain your guests so they will enjoy giving their money to your non-profit organization. We do this by providing the finest professional benefit auctioneer and extensive consulting on the live & silent auction and fund-a-need appeal.
- Have an eye-catching presentation for each live auction item displayed on a large screen during the auction. Also, display your live auction items where your guests can view them ahead of time.
If you are ready to take your event to the next level please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be excited to help you raise more money than ever before! Please call us at (844) GO-GAVEL to check date availability.
Travis B. – Above & Beyond Fundraising